Amethyst Wrist Mala
The healing properties of the gemstones used in the Amethyst Wrist Mala are:
Amethyst is a protective, stimulating stone with a high vibration. It promotes new ideas, creative thinking, decision making and insights. It is good for meditation and focusing and enhances spiritual wisdom & awareness. Amethyst is cleansing and calming and helps overcome addictions, scattered and overactive thinking, insomnia and nightmares.
Physically amethyst eases stress & headaches and helps to balance digestion, the lungs and skin.
Crystal amplifies prayers, healing, thoughts, wishes and positive visualisations. It works on every level to bring the body into balance and boosts the immune system. It is believed to supply positive energy and help dispel negative energy.
Rose Quartz beads
Rose Quartz is known as ‘The Stone of Unconditional Love’. It is said to open the Heart Chakra and to encourage forgiveness helping us to let go of anger, resentment and jealousy. Placing Rose Quartz by your bed or under you pillow can aid sleep.
Rose Quartz is said to smooth the complexion, sooth burns and blistering, strengthen the physical heart, alleviate vertigo and heal chest, lung, kidney and adrenal problems.
How to use your Mala Beads
- The meditation mala is generally held in the left hand and used with gentleness and respect.
- One bead is counted for each recitation of the mantra, starting with the first bead next to the “guru” bead. The guru bead is usually larger & more decorative.
- Hold the first mala bead between your thumb & forefinger and silently recite one mantra.
- Move your thumb and forefinger along to the next bead of the strand to chant the next mantra; then repeat.
- After completing a full circuit of the mala, flip the mala around 180 degrees (this takes some practice) and continue as before, in reverse order.
- One avoids passing over the “guru” bead, as doing so is symbolically like stepping over one’s teacher.
Mantra for Blessing your Mala
Recite the mantra seven times, then blow on the mala. This mantra increases the power of the mantras you recite using your mala.
OM RUCHIRA MANI PRAVARTAYA HUM
How to Care for your Amethyst Wrist Mala
When not in use please store your wrist mala beads in a mala bag.
Please don’t wash your mala or wear whilst bathing or sleeping as this can weaken the mala thread.
To clean your mala: gently wipe the beads using a damp cloth and place in sunlight to dry.