Mantra meditation using your prayer beads
- Sit comfortably and quietly where you won’t be disturbed
- Set your motivation – what are you wanting to achieve? what is your intention?
- Hold the first bead next to the “guru” bead between your finger & thumb (the guru bead is usually larger, 3 holed & sometimes more decorative, the guru bead is not counted)
- Recite the first mantra: for this prayer mala we suggest the Sanskrit mantra Karuna Hum meaning I am compassion or choose any mantra you feel attracted to
- Pull the next bead towards you by moving your finger & thumb along to the next bead, chant the next mantra; then repeat.
- The mantra can be chanted aloud at first then gradually, as you become familiar with it, continue in silence
Mantra to Bless your Prayer Beads
OM RUCHIRA MANI PRAVARTAYA HUM – recite the mantra seven times, then blow the vibration of mantra on to the prayer beads. This mantra increases the power of the mantras you recite.