The healing properties of the gemstones used in the Citrine Mala Beads are:
Citrine is a cleansing and energising stone that is believed to attract wealth, success and prosperity. and is warming, creative and energising. Citrine increases confidence & self-esteem and helps to generate a positive attitude. It can alleviate fear and depression and promotes inner calm and joy.
Honeystone, also known as honey jade, gently amplifies energy and assists in the challenges associated with change. It is said to enhance higher consciousness, intellect and memory. Physically, honeystone is beneficial for kidneys, bladder, female organs and menopause.
How to use your Mala Beads
- The meditation mala is generally held in the left hand and used with gentleness and respect.
- One bead is counted for each recitation of the mantra, starting with the first bead next to the “guru” bead. The guru bead is usually larger & more decorative.
- Hold the first mala bead between your thumb & forefinger and silently recite one mantra.
- Move your thumb and forefinger along to the next bead of the strand to chant the next mantra; then repeat.
- After completing a full circuit of the mala, flip the mala around 180 degrees (this takes some practice) and continue as before, in reverse order.
- One avoids passing over the “guru” bead, as doing so is symbolically like stepping over one’s teacher.
Mantra for Blessing your Mala
Recite the mantra seven times, then blow on the mala beads. This mantra increases the power of the mantras you recite using your mala.
OM RUCHIRA MANI PRAVARTAYA HUM
How to Care for your Citrine Mala
When not in use please store your citrine mala in a mala bag.
Please don’t wash your mala or wear whilst bathing or sleeping as this can weaken the mala thread.
To clean your mala: gently wipe the beads using a damp cloth and place in sunlight to dry.