The healing properties of the gemstones used in the Carnelian Mala are:
Carnelian is a stone of life force and energy. It is said to increase ambition, drive and confidence and to protect against negative emotions and illness. It is also reputed to bring about warmth, sociability, creativity and happiness and to restore self-esteem.
Jade promotes love, courage, justice and wisdom. It is also believed to calm the mind by helping to release negative thoughts. It is thought to calm the nervous system, cleanse the blood, and to remove toxins. It is said to be an excellent stone for the kidneys.
Honeystone, also known as honey jade, gently amplifies energy and assists in the challenges associated with change. It is said to enhance higher consciousness, intellect and memory. Physically, honeystone is beneficial for kidneys, bladder, female organs and menopause.
How to use your Mala
- Treat your mala with love & care; they are sacred beads intended for spiritual practice.
- Start with the first bead next to the guru bead (also known as the mother bead the guru bead is often larger and usually has 3 holes).
- Recite the first mantra whilst holding the first bead between thumb and finger.
- Move your thumb over to the next bead and chant the mantra again; repeat 108 times.
- Tibetan mala beads often have 3 counter beads at 27 bead intervals. The counter bead is a good place to stop chanting and resume later. A mala counter can easily be used to indicate where you stopped counting as it neatly clips on between the beads. (Or a tassel mala counter can be used too).
- Once 108 mantras are complete flip the mala round 180 degrees and count the beads in the opposite direction so as not to pass over the guru bead.
Mantra for Blessing your Mala Beads
Recite the mantra seven times, then blow on the mala beads. This mantra increases the power of the mantras you recite using your mala.
OM RUCHIRA MANI PRAVARTAYA HUM
How to Care for your Mala
When not in use please store your mala in a mala bag.
Please don’t get your mala wet, wear in the shower or while sleeping as this can weaken the thread.
Clean your mala by gently wiping the beads using a clean, damp cloth then leave in a safe place to dry.