Mantra meditation using your prayer beads
- Sit comfortably and quietly where you won’t be disturbed
- Set your motivation – what are you wanting to achieve? what is your intention?
- Hold the first bead next to the “guru” bead between your finger & thumb (the guru bead is usually larger, 3 holed & sometimes more decorative, the guru bead is not counted)
- Recite the first mantra: for this prayer mala we suggest the Sanskrit mantra Aham Prema meaning I am love or choose any mantra you feel attracted to
- Pull the next bead towards you by moving your finger & thumb along to the next bead, chant the next mantra; then repeat.
- The mantra can be chanted aloud at first then gradually, as you become familiar with it, continue in silence
Mantra to Bless your Prayer Beads
OM RUCHIRA MANI PRAVARTAYA HUM – recite the mantra seven times, then blow the vibrarion of mantra on to the prayer beads. This mantra increases the power of the mantras you recite.
Please store your mala beads in a mala bag when not in use. Treat your mala beads with gentleness and respect, please don’t wash or wear whilst bathing or sleeping.
We use genuine gemstones so please don’t use perfume or chemicals near the beads.
To clean your mala: gently wipe the beads using a damp cloth and place in sunlight or moonlight to dry.
If you wear your mala please be gentle when taking on and off.