Custom Wrist Mala Beads
Design your own Custom Wrist Mala Beads in 6 simple steps:
Choose main beads
Selecting the main beads changes the main photo so you can see how the different beads look, some beads incur an extra cost which is displayed within step 1 and at the final total
Choose a guru bead
The guru bead is the larger 3 holed bead
Choose end beads
Select the 2 end beads
Choose the thread colour
Select from 13 different colours
Choose counter bead
Optional – a counter beads is placed half way round the wrist mala to aid in mantra counting
If you choose the same main beads and counter bead, we’ll make your mala with a smaller counter bead to add contrast.
Choose bead caps & seed beads
Optional – gold or silver bead caps & seed beads to enhance the design of your custom wrist mala beads. Note: the seed beads make a slightly larger wrist mala size.
The healing properties of the beads available for custom wrist mala beads are listed here > mala beads & healing
How to use your Custom Wrist Mala Beads
- The meditation mala is generally held in the left hand and used with gentleness and respect.
- One bead is counted for each recitation of the mantra, starting with the first bead next to the “guru” bead. The guru bead is usually larger & more decorative.
- Hold the first mala bead between your thumb & forefinger and silently recite one mantra.
- Move your thumb and forefinger along to the next bead of the strand to chant the next mantra; then repeat.
- After completing a full circuit of the mala, flip the mala around 180 degrees (this takes some practice) and continue as before, in reverse order.
- One avoids passing over the “guru” bead, as doing so is symbolically like stepping over one’s teacher.
Mantra for Blessing your Mala Beads
Recite the mantra seven times, then blow on the mala beads. This mantra increases the power of the mantras you recite using your custom wrist mala beads.
OM RUCHIRA MANI PRAVARTAYA HUM
How to Care for your Custom Wrist Mala Beads
When not in use please store your custom wrist mala beads in a mala bag.
Please don’t wash your mala or wear whilst bathing or sleeping as this can weaken the mala thread.
To clean your mala: gently wipe the beads using a damp cloth and place in sunlight to dry.